Key Laboratory of Condensed Matter Theory and Computation,
Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- 1998, Nankai University, B.S.
- 2001, Institute of Theoretical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, M.S.
- 2006, University of Augsburg (Germany), Ph.D
- 2006.4 – 2012.12, Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society, Postdoc Researcher
- 2013.1 – 2019.10, University of Science and Technology of China, Associate Professor
- 2019.11 – present, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Associate Professor
- Density-functional theory with advanced exchange-correlation functionals, especially those based on random-phase approximation and beyond.
- Green's function theory for excited state calculations, in particular methods based on the GW approximation.
- Developing comprehensive computer software for large-scale ab initio simulations.
- Y. Gao, W. Zhu, and X. Ren, "Long-range behavior of a nonlocal correlation-energy density functional based on the random-phase approximation", Phys. Rev. B 12, 035113 (2020).
- M. N. Tahir and X. Ren, "Comparing particle-particle and particle-hole channels of the random phase approximation", Phys. Rev. B, 99, 195149 (2019)
- Q. Wang, D. Zheng, L. He, and X. Ren, "Cooperative Effect in a Graphite Intercalation Compound: Enhanced Mobility of AlCl4 in the Graphite Cathode of Aluminum-Ion Batteries", Phys. Rev. Applied 12, 044060 (2019).
- P. Li, X. Ren, and L. He, "First-principles calculations and model analysis of plasmon excitations in graphene and graphene/hBN heterostructure", Phys. Rev. B 96, 165417 (2017).
- X. Ren, N. Marom, F. Caruso, M. Scheffler and Patrick Rinke, "Beyond the GW approximation: A second-order screened exchange correction", Phys. Rev. B 92, 081104 (2015).
- X. Ren, P. Rinke, G. E. Scuseria, and M. Scheffler, "Renormalized second-order perturbation theory for the electron correlation energy: Concept, implementation, and benchmarks", Phys. Rev. B 88, 035120 (2013).
- X. Ren, P. Rinke, C. Joas, and M. Scheffler, "Random-phase approximation and its applications in computational chemistry and materials science", J. Mater. Sci. 47, 7447 (2012).
- X. Ren, P. Rinke, V. Blum, J. Wieferink, A. Tkatchenko, A. Sanfilippo, K. Reuter, and M. Scheffler, "Resolution-of-identity approach to HartreeFock,hybrid density functionals, RPA, MP2 and GW with numeric atom-centered orbital basis functions", New J. Phys. 14 053020 (2012).
- X. Ren, A. Tkatchenko, P. Rinke, and M. Scheffler, "Beyond the Random Phase Approximation: the Importance of Single excitations", Phys. Rev.Lett., 106, 153003 (2011).
- X. Ren, I. Leonov, G. Keller, M. Kollar, I. Nekrasov, and D. Vollhardt, "LDA+DMFT computation of the electronic spectrum of NiO", Phys. Rev. B 74, 195114 (2006).